Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great day! We opted out of cooking this year and went with Larry & Eva lu to the Red Lion for dinner. The food was WONDERFUL! Brenden and his dad were in heaven! They ate salmon, prime rib, ham, and turkey! Now how many of you had that many different kinds of meat? Kinda fun for a change and nice since there was just a few of us. We ran into Ray and Mel Anason. Heather and her girls were with them. Mel said, "See ya at Christmas!" They go there for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Mothers day!
Once again my pictures did not load right. Oh well.

This boy loves his hat and boots! Doesn't he look old? My baby is growin up!


The happy bunch! Yes, Casey does have a path on. I never wrote but he does not have to wear his glasses as of now. He has a muscle problem instead of a focusing problem. We take him back in a few weeks and if everything is the same he will have surgery to realign the muscles in his eye. And he may not even have to wear glasses after surgery. We will see...


Papa & Casey


Casey woke up from his nap and snuggled up next to grandma for the longest time. She just loved it! A rare occurrence! He covered his eyes because he didn't like the flash.



Stop mom!

We are so grateful for all of our many blessings. And yes as much as we miss mom and dad we are too grateful they are serving the lord and the people of West Virginia. Hopefully this was the only Thanksgiving without them, but I am affraid there could be another one!!!

6 comments:

Pace Adventures said...

love the idea I get sick of the same old thing turkey. eli wanted to do prime rib-but We did not get it back from the butcher in time. oh well I only made rolls and sugar cookie dough never baked them so i guess i will before my family gets here, it seems like all they do when they visit is graze. nonstop.

Pam And Scott said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. I can't believe you ate out on Thanksgiving? How were the kids, with all the people around? I think sometimes it would be easier thatn making that huge big meal. What matters most is Family, and that's who you were with. Happy Shopping

The Egan Family said...

I'm glad you guys had a good thanksgiving! I hope the boys were on their best behavior when you guys went out to eat!

Amy said...

Jenni, no cooking is the best idea I've heard all day! I cooked for 2 days straight..ugh. I have to admit that the pie and left overs were worth it . Matt thinks we need to make going out a new tradition.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Jenni- I can't wait to try that chicken julienne...sounds yummy and really easy! I might just make it tonight :)

Tricia said...

I agree with you-there may be more holidays without mom and dad. Even though I don't live by you all I still miss them being home. Cute picture of Evalu and Cason- Chase asked if it was Grandma Kent-Yep