Friday, November 14, 2008

Crusty Old Women

Warning: Way to long of post
What is with all the CRUSTY OLD WOMEN these days? I am so sick and tired of them. A kid can't do a darn think and they are are shooting them a death glare or spouting of their darn flapper about how annoying and bad they are! I am so sick of it. It takes a lot of courage for me to get up and decide to take my kids somewhere. Quite frankly the two boys don't go a lot of places together, because the two of them together is enough to put mommy in the crazy house. I come home so mad and exhausted that most of the time it is just not worth it to me. With the two of them together it is almost a definite that someone will open their flapper and shoot something out.
On to my story two experiences lately that me me torqued! A couple Saturday's ago I took Cason and went to Walmart. As we were getting ready to check out I was throwing the groceries up on the cart and he was bellering for something. I mean gosh darn what kid does not want something at the Walmart checkout. They have everything you could ever want, chips, candy, gum, toys, and on and on. I was trying to make him happy and tell him to stop screaming, but in order for that to happen I would have had to sit there with my hand over his mouth, and not put my groceries on the belt. The lady behind me literally rested her elbows on her cart and plugged her ears and gave the nasty looks ever! Yes, I know my son has an ear piercing scream, but get over it women you are only going to listen to if for five minuets, try listening to it all day!! Anyways as I am leaving she is spouting of to the checker about how obnoxious and annoying Cason was. I turned around caught her eyes and glared at her! I know real mean! That leads me to last night. I had a couple of things I wanted to check out at the mall. Cooper really wanted to go with me, so I let him go. He doesn't get to go very often and he probably won't again for a looong time, but I took him. I parked at the bottom of Macy's so he could ride the escalator, because usually we have a stroller and he never gets to. Right next to the escalator were some coats I just wanted to check out really fast. He wanted to go up the escalator and was holding on to the side and placing one foot on and then would pull it back. I just kept saying,"Come here don't go on there yet." When this crusty old lady comes along to go up and I was right there because I was ready to go up too, says, " You are making things so difficult."
I was like what are you talking about lady, the kid is holding on to the rail for dear life and I am sorry he is not taking up any room for you to get on this darn escalator! Well, I wish I had said that, but I didn't. This time, my kid did not do anything! I don't know why women are so crusty these days. They look at you like what they heck are you doing here? Stay home! Sorry, can't do that everyday!

Side note: I woke up on my own today! Yes, no little body coming and getting me at 5:30 today!!! He woke up while I have been writing this at 7:30!!! I can not, repeat can not believe he slept in this late. I could not tell you the last time he slept till 7 let alone 7:30! Hallelujah! It is great to know that it is possible! We are on for a good day just because of that!

11 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

I'm so sorry Jenni. That is so hard. I have the same problem and have resorted to either starving until Joe is home to go with me... or shopping at like 9:30 at night. Not fun, I know. Maybe sometime we should go shopping together minus husbands and kids. :)

Kim said...

Ha very venting post! Here is my two cents as to why women are so crusty these days... the world has lost its sense of family and people just aren't having children anymore or wait unitl they are forty so they can have careers... I think you need to say something, maybe not in a rage of anger, but say something! We live in a sorry world where kids have to be locked in can't roam bc of yucky people and then everywhere you look there is commercialized crap for them to wan t to buy! Sorry people are so rude to you;(

Taryn said...

I am sorry Jenni. Kim is right people these days have zero patients for kids because they are so darn SELFISH. Sometimes when Jill is real naughty and embarrassing, I sometimes think 'man it would be soo nice to have one of those kids that just sits there and never whines or talks loud and always minds, then I thank my lucky stars that my kids have personality, drive, determination, and energy! Just be glad that your boys aren't bumps on a log just sitting around staring at people. With no personality! Those boys have personality that is sooo darn fun and it will take them soooo far in life. Where as those without personality won't end up with half the exciting life that your kids will have and experience! Plus aren't you glad they are getting it alll out while they are young and you can control it. They will probably be the best darn teenagers EVER! I just think back at the stories Cindy tells of Ty and Kellen when they were Case and Coops age. And now look at what good young men they are! Who cares what those crusty old women think.

Morgan Family said...

I am SO sorry!!!!!! NOT FUN! I know... There are people who just think they know everything and would do better... SO WIERD!

Pace Adventures said...

Hey, an older lady once told me this, be glad that your child is active and not severly handicapped. That he is able to run and walk, even if it does cause stress. And remember when you are old to not judge others. Kids are kids if we knew all that they encompassed we would opt to not have them and go for a dog, but a dog doesnt give you as much love, or joy. So keep your boys.

Jess said...

I just don't understand how people can spend so much time and energy being negative. It makes me tired just thinking about it. I think they just must be sad and lonely. First of all, they have never spent a minute in your shoes, so for them to make judgements and/or comments on something that they have witnessed for 30 seconds is just wrong. I agree with Kim that you should say something...something sassy. A girl needs to be sassy every once in awhile!!!

Berniel said...

I remember taking five of you to the grocery store and you were a baby and we were trying to check out and having a difficult time and the clerk said my you have your arms full and Shawn piped up and said we have two more at home. I remember thinking ya lady you do not know have off it. But know I'm older out here in West Virginia I think back I loved those days and would not trade one of you for a minute.

Pam And Scott said...

It's Called MENO-PAUSE!! They can't stand their kids and they can't stand their husbands! They can't even stand themselves! don't worry this to shall pass.

Do you remember the story of the young women in line at the air port and her child was screaming and wanted to be held? The mother had him sitting on her foot so she could slid him forward as the line moved. She couldn't hold him becasue she was pregnant and was told she couldn't lift anything due to pre-mature labor. Everyone in line was just being rude and giving her dirty looks. Then a sweet old man walked up to her and picked up the child and held him for her. He them went to the front of the line and asked if this poor women could please be helped so she could have a seat on the plane and hold her child. This Man was Spencer W. Kimball. Sometimes if people would just help instead of complain things would be so much better. Now the rest of the story...That young women was so impressed with this elderly gentelmans kindness she ended up taking the lessons and joining the church. That small child grew into a great young man that ended up serving a mission for the church. All because someone was kind!!

Tami said...

I agree! Didn't the crusty old kids have kids in the olden days? The problem is that they didn't even have to watch their kids, they ran around and did whatever they wanted to. And, they have forgotten what it was like to wrestle with little boys because it was so long ago for them. So annoying.

Looks like you guys had a great time on your trip to WV!

Amy said...

You are a great mom Jenni and those boys are sweethearts. No matter how loud they are you still love them to death. I will probably be deaf by the time I am forty but I love those loud little buggers.

Brandon and Alesha said...

My Mom had a quote in her house that I have in my house now that says, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle". Its so true whether you have cute loud kids or cute quiet kids(who don't always grow up personality-less) Wouldn't the world be a much better place if more people spent more of their energy on being kind?