Monday, September 15, 2008

Give me my baby back, baby back, baby back!


Today is Cason's big day! Two years ago we welcomed this bundle of joy into our lives! He is growing up too fast and it makes me sad. I want my baby back!







Facts about Cason


He was 8lb 5 oz and 21 1/2" long. We were shocked how big he was. He has never slowed down growing since!

He was such a sweet baby, until you made him mad and then there was no turning back!

He hair was beautiful. We thought Cooper had a lot of hair when he was born, but Cason was another story. I would wash his hair in the morning and by the end of the day it was so greasy and stinky!

At eight months he learned how to scream and there has been no turning back. He can make enemies before he even meets someone!




He's a daddy's boy. Loves his dad! Mom loves that too.

He did not like baby food. He did not start eating solids until 9 months. He would clench his mouth and not let a spoon in. We went on vacation to Utah and on the way gave him some french fries. He couldn't get enough. Next we gave him mac-n-cheese. He gobbled it down! We learned he just wanted real food!

He takes a 3-4 hour nap every afternoon!

He can spot a tractor or cow a mile away!

He loves pizza, waffles, and "nonalds" (McDonalds)

Bob, Backyardigans, Clifford, George, Thomas, Tractors, and McQueen are his favorites.

He can hold his breath so long he turns blue and looks like he is about to pass out!

He has the chubbiest Cheeks and bum that anyone would love to pinch!

That's our Casey and we wouldn't trade him for anything! Cooper needed a brother and we were so blessed he came to our home to be with Cooper. They are going to be best buds for life!

Birth story on Case:

Mom was fed up with Case not coming. The Doctor had been telling me for weeks that he was going to come any day! At 39 weeks he still was not here. When I went in for my appointment the doctor ended up being gone so I had to see a nurse. She said come back next week. I said heck no. The doctor does not have me scheduled for next week and he already has my postpartum appt. made, because he said I would not be here. I am not coming back! I went to pick up Cooper and was so so upset! Hayley said I needed to take maters into my own hand and try some natural remedies, or so you call it. I decided I was desperate and could not handle being pregnant any longer! On my way home from her house I ran to Walgreen's and bought some good ol Castor Oil. I did not think it would work. I read all over the Internet the risks involved and decided what they heck I am going to try it. I read if you are ready it will work if you are not it will not work. Well, when your doctor tells you that the head is right there and does not know how you are still walking around, let me tell you it will work! I went to bed that night with contractions that did not hurt at all. Felt the same as braxton hicks but a little more frequent. I woke up about an hour after I fell asleep and told Brenden I was going to go get checked out at the hospital and see if they would admit me since I was group strep B positive and they have to get an IV started with antibiotic. He said why don't you wait another hour. I said no, they don't hurt but they are pretty close together, I think I should go. That was at 11:45. As I was pulling into the hospital I called my mom and dad answered I told him that I thought they would admit me and to have mom be ready and I would call her back. Mom was coming to the birth, because with Cooper, Brenden almost fainted and he demanded I call my mom and tell her to get down to the hospital. Once I made it to the Birthing Center I was in Pain! I was dilated to a 7 and the next thing I knew my water broke and they said it was time to push! What? Time to push I did not think so! Needless to say little Case was born at 12:40. I called Brenden to tell him he thought I was joking! We could not get a hold of our babysitter, Hayley, so I called my good friend Lacey. She ran over half asleep and stayed with Cooper so that Brenden could come to the hospital! All in all I was kinda relieved Brenden was not there. I have not screamed so much in my whole life! There would have been no room for him in the room, since it was an exam room. I could just see him pacing the hall going crazy! He came to the hospital all showered and ready for the day at 1:00 in the morning. I had to laugh. He said it was wonderful to come and be able to meet his baby with all the hard work over!

7 comments:

Krystal said...

oh my what a birth story. and what a cute little boy you have. they grow up way to fast:(
i looove your blog..you should blog more often. it makes me laugh and reminds me that my crazy life is just as normal as yours!

Tami said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday Cason. You know, if you want to have your baby back you could always have another one!

Taryn said...

Love the post! Very cute!

Pam And Scott said...

Happy Birthday Cason!! We love you!

Kim said...

What a great post to have! I laugh at not be able to get a hold of Hayley I didn't know that part of the story:) Come visit me and you can hold Navie she still a baby even though she isn't all little and cuddly:)

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Uh oh Jenni.... looks like you guys better have another one!! :)haha What a sweet post. Sometimes I wonder how I can love my kids so much even though they drive me up the wall every day. I can't believe you delivered w/out an epideral...brave brave girl, even though you didn't really have a choice. :S

Emily said...

i am bustin up! what a story!! okay if it hasn't happened to you then it hasn't happened!

What a great post about your little guy. sound like he is a gun kid to have around!