Friday, August 15, 2008

A FLOOD, YES A FLOOD ON KASE BLVD

After 5 this evening I look out my window in shock/horror to find this! Yes all this brown water running down our street covering it flowing really, really fast!! My first thought was oh man Amy's septic is overflowing!!! I ran outside and I realized yep the cannal has broke!! You ask how does the cannal break twice in a year? Those lovely pesky gophers are to blame! I hate those things they totally destroyed our yard this spring when we were trying to get our grass to grow. And now they dug in and broke the cannal. The water was just roaring down our street and it made me realize how fast flooding can take place!
Matt and Amy and their family outside watching in disgust! These poor guys were flooded last year!!





These guys take all the back up at the intersection of Kase and Cottonwood springs. They just had there asphalt replaced last week from last years flood! The water was really bad here and they probably get the brunt of it!

neighbor boys having fun swiming in it! All the kids were out ridding their bikes going crazy!

My son going nuts!! This was after the water had went down a lot



You can see the water just rolling down the alfalfa field hill. The cannal is up on the hill along edge of circle. There is alfalfa and bark all over our street.

The big clumps are the alfalfa.

Kids playing

Brenden and Cooper doing damage control!! Tonight is one night I am grateful for my steep driveway! I feel so bad for everyone across the street! Last year they thought it was a fluke thing and now again this year! KID must fix this mess! Oh and the good part is no irrigation water for up to a week. It is suppost to be 105 this weekend! Our yards are going to cook!!!

11 comments:

Taryn said...

ohh man I too would be happy I had a steep drive way! But that stinks your grass is going to cook :)

Kim said...

Oh my! That is crazy. How can you guys get rid of all the gophers? Cute rainbow shirt... where did you get it?

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Oh my GOSH! What a mess--at least Coop made the most of it right?!

Krystal said...

oh my! you have the best stories...that is crazy!

Brandon and Alesha said...

The reporters should have talked to you! You got some great pictures!!

jen said...

That is terrible! I'm glad Brenden & Cooper were there though to save the day! I better start saving now for one of those...Tae would love that thing!

SunnyD said...

That is crazy!!!! I love the 4-wheeler in the middle of town. Funny!

The Egan Family said...

I bet cooper loved playing in that water! We use to have floods like that all the time in St. George and my friends and I loved playing in it! Thats crazy though that you can see it going down the hill!

ADAMS FAMILY said...

I just realized you have my old blog address on here, so my new one is jennieandrodger.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

happy birthday jenni!

ckw said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had some "fun". Yikes! This is Brenden's cousin Chera from WAY out here in PA. I found your blog link on Andrew's blog. Hope you don't mind. Your sons are adorable. :)

I started our family blog, it is VERY under-construction, but feel free to check it out and to keep in touch. I miss all you people in WA. :( www.cheraleewalters.blogspot.com

Take care