Thursday, July 17, 2008

Best thing I have ever done!!

Today I did the best thing ever! We were headed to Fred Meyer to get a couple of things. I decided I could take them into Fred Meyer because they have a car cart. As soon as we stepped inside the store Cooper already started acting up and climbed out of his seat belt. I thought oh great here we go again why do I always take them to a store and then swear I will never bring them back! And then the thought came to me. They have a play land! Go take that kid over there and stick him in it! And I did! The greatest thing was he went in and didn't cry! He thought it was cool! Oh, it was heaven shopping without him! I love the kid but nobody would want to take him shopping. He is in and out and in and out of the cart and has to have everything he wants or he screams bloody murder and kicks and screams on the floor. You usually have to drag him out of the store screaming!! When I went back to pick him up I asked the lady,"This might be a stupid question, but how often can I bring him here?" I know I am dumb, but now I can actually do grocery shopping in the middle of the day and not at 9:00 at night! Let's just hope he keeps wanting to go!!

6 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

That is smart! I completely forgot about the playland at Fred Meyer! I love that store but for some reason I never think about going. Makes me feel better that I am not the only one who grocery shops after kids are in bed. :) We should get together and do a playdate soon!

Kim said...

I gotta see if there is a Fred Meyer around here that has a playland except I don't think there is anyway I could get Bronx in there - but it would be worth a try! Yea I had to go grocery shopping today with both kids I had planned to go last night after I put Navie to bed and I was actually looking forward to it, but then Justin had to go to a meeting and didn't get home until 11pm ugh! But it was okay, 1 doughnut, 1 propel, 2 Thomas books, 1 trip by the fish tanks and 1 trip by the lobster tanks our house is stocked again.

Emily said...

Thats funny my kids always want ot go in there but I am the one with the anxiety about leaving them there. (what if they destroy something or someone??? etc. etc.) I usually just do what kim does and bribe them with something so that I can get it done. I'll have to try your idea.

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Who'd have known--way to go Fred Meyer's! I hate when you hit those hard shopping days where the kids are tired, the stores crowded, the lines are long and your energy is zapped.

The Boyos said...

You crack me up!! I love reading your store & children adventures. While driving cross country w/my mom we stopped at some store and came out with bribes for both of my kids. Completely unnecessary items just to shut them up. I was totally fried from my kids and as I was buckling them in I said to my mom, "Jennilyn could appreciate this and think this was really funny!" (My mom loves reading your blog too) The things we do to survive...I need a Fred Meyer!

Krystal said...

i looove the fred meyer playland! you are so funny and i love reading your blog. its nice to know that i am not the only one with crazy kiddos!