Yesterday morning started off with a real bang! I awoke and thought I heard Brenden in the shower. I thought to my self I better check and make sure he has a pair of clean under garments. (He said he was low the day before and I never washed any) I went and checked and sure enough he did. (no going dirty yesterday!- he never has dont worry that guy is the biggest clean body freak that I have to ration his showers!) Anyways after I checked I looked over and realized Brenden was still in Bed, not in the shower! Weird I thought, oh well and I headed to the kitchen to get a drink of water. The time was 5:20. Yep not time for Brenden to get up, I headed back to bed and as I rounded the corner and was walking down the hall to my bedroom I saw a MOUSE! Yep you are right a MOUSE! I screamed the mouse turned around and ran back into my bedroom and under my cedar chest i think! I did not have my contacts in and I am blinder than a bat so that is what I think! I ran and jumped on the back of the couch and screamed, " There's a mouse a mouse!" Brenden get's up and says,"Come on we got to try and get it." I told him,"I am not getting off this couch until I have some closed toe shoes on." He brought me a pair and then I went to my closet and traded them for my ugg boots! I put my contacts on so I could see and sure enough the sound I was hearing was the mouse eating through a receipt! We opened up the hall closet bi fold doors that is right before our bedroom to see if there was any action there since brenden had a trap in there set already from memorial day when we found some activity in our laundry room closet. Sure enough peanut butter gone and trap had engaged. No mouse! He checked his other 3 or 4 traps he had set in the laundry room and laundry room closet. Peaunt Butter gone and droppings were there! We were getting freaked by the second! we had our swifer, wood floor mop, broom ready to go if we saw a runner! As we were standing there trying to get enough courage up to move some furniture in our bedroom he was by the closet I on top or our bed the mouse runs from the closet to under the dryer. He screams I scream. He says You keep your eye on the dryer and see if he runs again we have to know where he is I am going to the bathroom! Bathroom at a time like this I dont think so But he insisted! Sure enough less than a min and he runs to the laundry room closet! Then we checked the hall closet and sure enough lots of evidence! He then sets some traps in the laundry closet and goes to take a shower to go to work! He leaves and I go to the kitchen to pick up some stuff and realize I think I may have some evidence in the pantry! I didn't know for sure because I wasn't home the night before and Cason loves to play in the pantry and Brenden lets him so it could of just been him. The big clue was there was broom pieces all over like it was taking them to make a nest! Gross I know! I didn't think it was Cason now I am convinced it was not cason I found evidence last night! Anyways I know you are tired of my story but I have to write it down or I will forget. I freak out and run over to Amy's to get her opinion. She is the best neighbor around! She helps me out all the time! So at 7:00 I am knocking on her door and she comes to the rescue! She didnt know about the stuff in the kitchen, but I had her check our traps because I am too scared! She checked and sure enough he was already caught!! I cleaned and cleaned all day yesterday! Once a mouse has been in your house you feel so dirty! You are picking up everything! Well we think everything fine and dandy, I go to hang up Brenden's shirts in his closet last night and notice stuff in his slipper! I freak it was a ton! He was taking a shower and he said no way. I said i am 99.9% sure! Yep it was and then he has a laundry basked on the floor with his jeans in there. Yep sure enough there too. Well if he was in brenden's closet then he for sure was in mine too. My closet not as clean as Brenden's and I tend to throw clothes on floor after I try them on so luckily Allie came to the rescue and helped me clean my closet out and yes he was in there too, not as bad as Brenden's but bad enough! so then brenden says you have to clean out the closet under the stairs . We did and he had been in there too! What a night now! Brenden set 14 traps! And we have those darn plug ins everywhere in the house! He put a huge one with these big speakers in our bedroom right by his side of the bed! Needless to say I did not sleep down stairs last night and we didn't get to bed until after midnight! I sure hope he didn't get up stairs that is my safe place right now! No activity this morning! We are hoping it was just one!!! On Memorial day when we found droppings it was right after the first hay cutting. Now there are doing the second hay cutting. I told brenden I think there are more mice around when the cut the hay and they just go running down the street! He thinks we live too far away from the field. I dont know. There are just a lot of mice around. I want an exterminator but we will see. We are going to put those hinges on the door that make the door shut. With two little boys we always have to be right behind them to make sure they shut the door. And if Coop goes out with out me knowing it the little nasty criters can jump on in! Oh how i HATE MICE with a PASSION!!!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
you are such a good story teller! Wow you have the craziest things happen to you. Love the post!
I hate mice!!!!!!!!!! I still remember a time when we had a mouse in the house and my dad was chasing it in our kitchen on his knees and with a clipboard! SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!
ewww that does not sound fun! I hate mice! We had one once in Ephraim it was the worst! I couldn't sleep and I threw almost all our food out it was gross! On a brighter note it was fun to see you the other day!
oh and yesterday we saw our neighbor's cat killing and playing with a mouse in our yard so gross.
wow thats a crazy story yea we had the same problem but we had the problem in the barn and it was terrible I mean worse then ever seen before 32 in one night yea I know crazy but yea I know your hard feelings well see ya!!!
Wait until a mouse comes running under the door while your on the toilet. Happened to me and it wasn't a pretty sight!!
Post a Comment