Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had a very fun Christmas eve. We went up to Grandma & Grandpa Kent's and went around in Grandpa's wagon caroling. Cousin Weston had an awesome mix of Christmas music we jammed out to on the streets of Othello wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!





James, Grandma, Krissy, and Braxton



Braxton, Cason, and Cooper




Uncle Kurt even dressed up as Santa's helper and would run to all the doors and wish the kids Merry Christmas and tell them to hurry and go to bed and he would be back! One little boy we saw in the window was so scarred he kept running to the back room and then he would come back out to see if Santa was still there and Kurt would still be waving at him! At one house a lady tried to give him money and another they gave him a box of Cookies!


Everyone knows my kids scared of their own shadow, and so I had to make them watch uncle Kurt put on Santa's suit so they would understand it was just uncle Kurt. They still wailed the whole time he was putting on the suit! By the end of the ride Cooper did let Santa help him off the wagon! A big step!


The wagon! Did I mention how cold it was?! We were froze, but we had so much fun bringing joy to families on Christmas eve! The Kent's used to do this every year, but this was a first since we have been married!





3 comments:

Pam And Scott said...

I love he wagon, it ranks up there with the Hartley bus!! I love doing stuff like that. I love to see the look on peoples faces!!

Brandon and Alesha said...

I wish I could have seen that-what a riot!

ckw said...

How fun! I'm so happy to see they got out the wagon again! I used to LOVE that. Thanks for sharing the pics of ALL the family, cousins, etc. It's so good to SEE everyone!