Saturday was mom and dad's P-day, so they took us down to Harper's Ferry. Harper's Ferry is where John Brown tried to start an armed slave revolt by seizing a United States Arsenal at Harper's Ferry in 1859. Brown's raid was defeated by a detachment of U.S. Marines led by Col. Robert E. Lee. We had a great time. The weather was pouring down rain the whole way there and for about the first half hour. We were pretty much drenched and then a few minutes later we were dying of heat it was so hot and humid! Crazy weather. I am officially grateful for the dry heat we have out west and won't complain about it being too hot!
Black smith shop
Crossing the Potomac River. Tricia and I swear we crossed that river on our way to W. Virginia, but on our way back to the airport we went a different way. Same thing happened in the fall when Hayley and I went back there. We went two different ways too. There are way too many highways and freeways back there, I don't know how people get anywhere with out GPS. Mom says they don't! She says the people don't know how to get to Baltimore, or D.C. back there in W. Virgina, and it is only 2 1/2 hours away! They never go anywhere!
This is Jefferson's Rock. Thomas Jefferson said when he came to this rock that the view from here was worth the trek across the Atlantic.
This is the view from here. I can imagine in the fall it would be beautiful!
Dad stayed down below. He had already been here and it is a little hike to get up there. So much fun to go with mom and dad, whenever a member of the church recognizes them, they stop and talk to them. That day they talked to two women from Utah, a girl who had just returned home from a mission to Brazil, and a scout group.
Tuesday we woke up bright and early so we could leave to head back to the airport. Mom wouldn't get in the picture since she didn't have her hair done yet!
But, I caught some of her...
Mom is going to kill me, but I love it! Tricia and mom Boohooing!
We cried when we arrived and we cried when we left. Luckily they don't have any pictures of me! We are so grateful for mom and dad's sacrifice to serve the Lord and the people of W. Virginia. They are the being great missionaries! We were not surprised to hear from everyone back there how much they love mom and dad. They think they are the best! It doesn't surprise anyone back home, everyone knew they would be great missionaries.

8 comments:
looks like you guys had tons of fun. boy do I miss your parents. It's gonna be so fun when they are back!
Your parents are amazing! I'm glad they are doing so well. Glad you got to see them too!
I don't even know your parents, but after reading your post I miss them! How weird is that? Maybe it's that your post reminds me of the family I miss. Your folks sound like wonderful people :)
That is so wonderful you and Tricia were able to go out and see your mom and dad! They are amazing! They are such good examples to everyone they met!
Looks like a fun trip! How fun that you were able to go!
Love thie pictures Mom and Dad love it when you come!! The kids look like they had a great time!!
Where is bolt?? Wasn't there another dog cooper called Bolt?
I think we all knew your parents would be amazing over there but I don't think we realize how hard that must be on them. Your Dad missing the farm, and your Mom missing her family and the thousands of others she serves so faithfully. I bet she's just ITCHIN to get home.
Post a Comment