Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Relay for Life

While we were in W.V. we were able to participate in the local Relay for Life.


Dad wore a purple survivor shirt.







Dad talking to a friend. Everywhere we turned mom and dad knew someone. They are making the rounds around the community.





There was a purse auction. I convinced mom to bid and she won two! After that I had to glue mom's hand to her pocket. She was getting a little too quick with the wave motion! I know mom hasn't been purse shopping in a while and I think the excitement of a new purse or purses was getting to her! The purses were filled with all sorts of stuff. That was the high light for the night. Evie and Allie loooved all the treasures inside the purses.




We had such a fun night supporting a great cause. My dad is a two time cancer survivor! Go dad!



7 comments:

Tricia said...

It made me appreciate and reflect on all that Dad went through again. We are so lucky he is here and healthy. It is hard to believe he was so sick for so long. Evie is still loving that little wallet that was in one of the purses and it still has the dollar that Jenni gave her.

hayleyharts said...

i did not all these little details about the relay..dad looks so cute in his purple shirt. I really think we have no idea what he went through. that is so funny about mom...she must be going through some major purse withdraws. don't worry mom...we have a shopping trip all planned out when you get home!

Morgan Family said...

That's so cool! There was a Live Strong bike ride here and it's SUCH a good cause, but it was on a Sunday! I'd love to do things like that someday!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

That sounds like such fun! I had no idea your dad ever had cancer, Jenni... That is so scary! I'm so happy he beat it though. :) Glad you guys had fun!

Pam And Scott said...

Wow I don't remember the last time I saw Dad in a t-shirt. They are going to miss all these fun times when they get back to the farm. I bet they love the social life and all the community things they get to do. I had to laugh when you were talking about the purses. Jenny if I know you, you weren't trying to stop Mom from buying them, you were just telling her which ones to bid on. Hayley...Tricia and I want in on that shopping trip:)

Rushton's said...

Jennilyn, Sounds like a fun trip. Glad to see your parents are doing well. Hey, I came to your blog today to get the baked potato pepperjack cheese soup recipe and it is gone! could you email me with it? tara_rushton@yahoo.com. Thanks so much, love the blog.

Tami said...

That is awesome that you guys could participate in the relay for life while you were there. I love it that your mom had so much fun at the auction!