My four year old loves to push my buttons! He can be a real big stinker sometimes! Yesterday was the nicest day we have had all week, so the boys were outside. He was crying and complaining about everything. I had been out there a million times helping him and finally said, "NO MORE! I'm going inside and don't come get me again!" I know real mean, but I was cleaning out a closet! I needed a break from the bambinos! I had only been inside a few seconds and i hear a big bang! I went outside and he had thrown this big rock at my back door.
(The rock does not look that big in the picture, but compared to the small rocks next to it you can tell.)
Well, my back door is made of this...
And so i was TORQUED! It was the straw that broke the camels back. I went outside grabbed him and told him he was going straight to his room for time out and he was not, was not to come out!! As I was shutting the door, I guess i shut it a little too hard. No, I did not slam it, just shut it a little too hard, and bam this is what happened next.....
My adorable little birds that I had just purchased a few weeks ago were crushed. The clock came flying down too, but luckily landed in the chair. I was so disappointed I completely fell in love with these birds when I found them and knew I had to have them. After disciplining and coming back down stairs to evaluate the damage, I think I can fix one of them. The other one is a total loss. I was just happy the big momma bird stayed on the shelf.
There was the big mama birdy and two smaller ones. I hardly ever even become attached to anything anymore, because well frankly it seems like everything of mine breaks! I read on a blog a lady saying she asked her self, "Why can't I have pretty things even though I have three boys?" I thought well honey, if you don't mind everything being broke you can!

5 comments:
Just a reminder that the momma bird has to stay put together while the little birds fall apart:)
Connor Shayly's husband is 1 of 8 boys....She said she gave up long ago. Now she has a bunch of daughter-in-laws to deal with....what's worse:)
Jenny, I feel your pain! I'm just getting to where I can put some fun stuff out again. Try plants and candles, you almost can't hurt those (unless the kids figure out how fun it is to pull the stems out of the plants one by one). At any rate, good luck until they graduate!
I hate it when I shut things a little too hard- I am sorry those birdies look so cute.
Bummer. I hate days like that!
Suck! I would be so mad, too. My mom within the last few years has been getting her breakables that she cares about out of boxes now that all my brothers are married and out of the house. My brothers used to ask why my mom did do more decorating and she simply said you break everything that I put out.
Post a Comment