Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

We hope you have a fabulous day and know that we are thinking of you! Can't wait until next year when you are home and we can celebrate with you!!!
You all know that I think my mom is amazing. Here are a couple things I love about her.
- She is the most selfless person I know. I am not just saying that because she is my mom.
- She would give the shirt off her back to help someone out.
- She is constantly giving endless hours of service. (Even before her mission!)
- She never complains, no matter how bad the situation is.
- She never sits down on the couch and watches T.V. She literally is working from the time she wakes up in the morning, until the time she goes to bed at night.
- She will drop everything and be there in a minute for you.
- When she was home she had more phone calls than anyone I know.
- Countless people call her their best friend.
- She was never released as R.S. President. (Well okay, I never thought she was, because she never stopped serving the women of her ward.)
- She has a firm testimony of the gospel and always has put the Lord first in her life.
-She has always taught me how important it is to serve my husband and be the best wife and mother, even when it is hard.
-She always had dinner ready. She taught us if the men are out working all day, then you have dinner ready when they get home.
-She always has sustained my dad in his church callings. Ironing his shirt and making sure all his clothes were laid out for him to run in take a shower and go! Funny story: One evening mom was ironing dad's shirt, so he could go to his church meeting. As she was ironing the phone rang. She picked up the hot iron and put it to her ear!! Yes, she had a nice burn!
-She is the laundry queen. She can do laundry faster than anyone I know. She does not like clothes in the laundry basket. I have to admit when we lived with them a couple of summers ago, she did all my kids laundry and some of my own too. I didn't ask she just did it! When she wakes up at 5:30am the first thing she does is put a load of laundry in and the last thing she does before she goes to bed is fold another load of laundry!! So, most of the laundry was done before I even woke up! A couple summers ago Chase wore the same shirt three days in a row. I told my mom how gross that was and she replied,"It was clean every morning."
My mom is amazing and I am eternally grateful for her and the wonderful example she is to me in my life. Brenden even thinks she is the best. When he asks me to do something and I don't want to do it he says, "Berniel would do it." That is enough to make me feel guilty, that I usually go and do whatever he was asking me to do. I am so greatful for the example her and my dad are setting by serving a mission right now. They are amazing to stop their normally daily lives and serve the Lord. We love you!

8 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Oh, Jenni, I love your mom too. She is the sweetest. :) I wish she could be here when I go through the temple!

Tricia said...

Amen to all of that Jenni! Happy Birthday Mom! That is a great picture of you guys!

Taryn said...

Like I said on Hayley's blog. Your mom is like Mary Poppins.. Practically perfect in every way!

Pam And Scott said...

I love this picture!! I think Mom is a hard act to follow! Scott uses the phrase "your Mom would do it" But he knows I'm not my Mom...and I usually don't do it. She's a better women then I am. When I think about her washing Dads big old dirty pickup, I know that I couldn't, and most likely wouldn't do that. I remember her answering the iron:) That is where I would follow in her footsteps, yep something I would surely do:) Do you remeber when Mom was carring the barbaque in the back of the pickup and it started on fire, so she drove through the car wash? Funny times. Something else...Ive been humming Anne Murry songs all day since I read you and Hayleys Post.

Amy said...

Thank goodness for mothers! It sounds to me like you are becoming your mother because you have a lot of those same attributes. You know I love ya Jenni and happy birthday to your mom.

Brandon and Alesha said...

Sounds like "turning into your mother" when you get older is a good thing in your case. What a blessing she must be to her family. Maybe I'll get to meet her when she gets back from her mission.

SunnyD said...

What a sweet little post! I think it goes without saying that EVERYONE loves your Mom. It's funny but in relief society, I swear she is ALWAYS used as the example of what we SHOULD be. She's amazing. She had some pretty great kids too. :)

Tami said...

Your mom seems like a wonderful woman. She has to be to have raised so many great kids! I hope to meet her sometime when she gets back.