Friday, February 20, 2009

Cason's surgery

Cason had Strabismus Surgery yesterday to realign his eyes. His Doctor said everything went as planned. He had a hard time wanting to wake up. They say it is better for them to wake up on their own. After over an hour, and not making a move, the nurse started to wake him up. I have never wanted one of my kids to wake up from a nap so bad! I think he could of slept for a lot longer. His nurse would take his temp and he wouldn't even flinch. Here he is all wrapped up after surgery.



On the way home. The inner part of his eyes are blood shot. Today they are worse, which is normal. They don't look too bad in these pictures. He won't sit still long enough for me to take a good one of his freaky bloody eyes. Brenden says he feel so bad doing this to his son. I on the other hand tell him, how can you even say that, the kid will definitely thank you when he gets older!



His eyes have stayed pretty straight today. Great sign! We were told that his eyes may not appear aligned for up to two weeks. I

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my heck, I'm such a bad friend! I totally forgot that was yesterday! I've even talked to you twice and you didn't mention it! I'm glad that he's doing okay!

Taryn said...

I was wondering when it was, and then Taryn mentioned it was yesterday. I am sooooo glad it went well. He's such a cutie even with blood shot eyes.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Jenni, I didn't know the surgery was so soon! I got your text today... how are things? We are in Arizona until next Friday night. Maybe by then Case will be feeling back up to par and we can get together for a play date during the first week in March. Hopefully it will stay warm! Have a good week!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

I am so glad he came through and that everything went well--tough kiddo! Hope you're doing good too-it's got to be a little nerve-wracking.

Morgan Family said...

I'm glad everything went well! I'm sure that's a little scary! Especially with how young he is, but I'm sure he will be grateful!!! He's SUCH a cute kiddo!!

The Boyos said...

He looks great! I thought it was pretty heartbreaking when Harmon had the surgery. I feel for you! But you are right, he will thank you later.
When Harmon was coming out of the anesthesia he kept asking me if Porter was my baby...he totally forgot he had a brother. Then when that sunk in he kept saying "why are there two of them?" It was pretty funny. I am glad everything went well! When you go back for a followup visit you need to go to the Nordstrom Cafe for lunch. YUMMY!! And it is kid friendly.

Levi said...

Hey Jenni, glad all is well. That is a scary thing to get surgery, but I'm with you....he'll be so glad later. And he won't even remember it.

Kim said...

Oh good I'm glad things went well! I agree with you I am sure it was so hard to, but he will thank you later! The picture of him sleeping is so precious, looks like a little babe again:)

Tricia said...

Casons eyes look great! I am so glad everything went to well.He looks like such a man with that hat on. We are so happy for you Cason.

Kaili McKay said...

poor lil' guy. I bet you are glad that it's over. I under stand your pain, when jax had to have his tests done for his kidneys it broke my heart, they had to put the IV in his head. He doesn't remember a thing :)

ckw said...

I'm so sorry he had to have this done. I hope he's still recovering well though.

My brother-in-law had some sort of thing similar to this (his eyes appearing somewhat cross-eyed)- he had a few surgeries when he was young and even one mid-way through his mission.

So glad you had a good time in Yellowstone. I thought of you all being over there that weekend. I miss it now and again, definitely miss the company.

Hopefully this will be all for your sweet little guy. As hard as it was, my brother-in-law is glad it was done.