In April we headed out on a trip through California. Brenden had been talking about going to California to visit customers and if we drove he could visit them all along the way! We found a great deal on Disneyland tickets and a hotel, so we talked him into taking us there for a few days too! Our first day we drove all the way to Gilroy, just outside of San Jose. I think it took us around thirteen hours.
Cooper entertaining himself. He took a garbage sack made a hole for his head and then two holes for his arms to make a shirt!
The next morning Brenden went and visited a customer while the kids and I waited in the hotel. We then went to some awesome outlets. We both were able to pick one or two stores to go into. We wish we would of had more time, but we still had a long day ahead. We would like to go back. San Jose valley was beautiful!
We then headed back to the I-5 to visit another customer. I don't even remember the name of the town. The town was a little bigger than Paterson, but not much. By this time we were starving and by the way it looked there was no where in sight to eat. Brenden told me that this customer has the largest Cattle feedlot in the country and that they had a restaurant. Me thinking probably some small steakhouse right off the freeway. Boy was I wrong! Harris Ranch the name of the customer gave us a gift card to eat at the restaurant and stay in the Hotel. Hotel? They have a hotel, out here in the middle of no mans land? We decided to go to the restaurant and eat lunch. Amazing! Harris Ranch is located right on I-5, 4 hours from LA and 4 hours from San Francisco. We stayed in the hotel on our way home. Perfect location if you are trying to get out of LA. We had an amazing time at Harris Ranch and I would love to go back. If we lived even close, I told Brenden I would make him take me there every year for our anniversary.
The inside is very western. Beautiful! They are sporting their new Fox shirts they bought at the outlet. The boys including Brenden loved the Fox outlet!
Cooper loved the Gold Bear. Their garden's are absolutely beautiful!
Outside the front of the restaurant. When we came in they were roasting prime rib. It smelled amazing! After we ate we headed the rest of the way to Disneyland.
This is the hotel. This hotel is over 30 years old. I just never pictured this in the middle of farm fields.

3 comments:
wow an update!! Mom and Dad need to go on a mission so people update! Love all the pictures..Your kids look like they had a blast! I think with your boys you have to have things all planned or you just can't get to everyting!
It looks so pretty! I would have loved to have been there. I am so glad you got to go on a fun trip
Brendan said something about looking at my blog and I realized it'd been forever since I stalked :) yours. Nice to see pictures of Harris Ranch since Cameron has been there on business trips too. And I'm from San Jose and grew up shopping at the Gilroy outlets that I'm assuming you're talking about! They are awesome. I could spend a whole day there and not make it through everything. Glad you had a fun Cali trip - we're going next week (but flying).
Post a Comment